103: Treatment Planning
7:00am – 5:00pm Daily
Lunch is provided daily at Birch featuring the award winning Executive Chef Jeffrey Kessenich
The first night of the course, attendees are invited to attend a “Welcome Reception” at Birch where they can better acquaint themselves with other classmates, Mentors, Clinical Instructors and the Kois Center Team.
On the second evening of the course, Dr. Kois and his wife Karen invite you and your significant other to join them for a two hour boat cruise and dinner aboard Excellence featuring beer, wine and some of Chef Jeffrey’s signature dishes!
This course provides 27.5 continuing education credit hours and includes lecture, demonstration, case presentation and discussion.
AGD Credit Allocation:
Code 734: 27.5 Lecture Hours
This Treatment Planning Course is a unique program designed to empower and enlighten every participant and inspire confidence in diagnosis and treatment planning with predictable outcomes. Starting with “why,” Dr. Kois builds a philosophy and systems that incorporate what you may already know, then develops, through research, evidence, and proven clinical techniques, the Diagnostically Driven Treatment Planning concept. Be prepared to confidently implement the skills and concepts for predictable management of patients immediately following the course.
The move from single tooth dentistry to comprehensive care requires a great understanding of risk factors and the ability to manage them effectively. The comprehensive examination— the initial patient engagement—focuses the clinician and patient on the variables most likely to ensure a predictable and excellent outcome. The comprehensive examination will be carefully examined to help you understand it’s most diagnostically useful elements, including an insightful look at the medical and dental history, how to better account for patient’s agendas and expectations, intelligent use of radiographic and photographic documentation, and periodontal, biomechanical, functional and dentofacial presentations. These keys to decision-making are presenting in this Treatment Planning Course and set the stage for both the immediate issues and a more long-term focus on predictable treatment outcomes.
- Learn to comprehensively evaluate patients through simplified, systematic documentation.
- Learn to evaluate by a risk assessment protocol, and triage the four major diagnostic parameters that effect and define success in treatment outcomes.
- Learn to transfer treatment planning techniques to case presentation that leads to patient acceptance.
- Learn how to incorporate a comprehensive examination and systematic treatment planning into your patient care.
- Learn why Dr. Kois’ treatment planning system and simplified diagnostic opinion can build your knowledge base dramatically and increase confidence in your ability.
- Learn how to recognize, assess and account for risk using a protocol that evaluates periodontal, biomechanical, functional and dentofacial issues.
- Learn how to transfer the four diagnostic parameters into treatment plans and sequences that will minimize risk and maximize long-term success.
- Learn how to engage the patient in understanding their condition so they may participate more fully in their own care.