403: Advanced Treatment Planning
7:00am – 5:00pm Daily
Lunch is provided daily at Birch featuring the award winning Executive Chef Jeffrey Kessenich.
On the first night of the course, attendees are invited to attend a “Welcome Reception” at Birch where they can better acquaint themselves with other classmates, Mentors, Clinical Instructors and the Kois Center Team.
On the second evening of the course, Dr. Kois and his wife Karen invite you and your significant other to join them for a two hour boat cruise and dinner aboard Excellence featuring beer, wine and some of Chef Jeffrey’s signature dishes!
This course provides 27.5 continuing education credit hours and includes lecture, demonstration, case presentation and discussion.
AGD Credit Allocation:
8 Lecture Hours
Code 149: 4 Lecture Hours
Code 180: 2 Lecture Hours
Code 730: 2 Lecture Hours
19.5 Participation Hours
Code 730: 19.5 Participation Hours
Exception: For those specialists who are eligible to become a Kois Recognized Specialist, course prerequisites are modified as follows:
Laboratory Techincian: 103 and 153 or 165, 255, 303
Oral Maxilliofacial Surgeon: 103 and 153, or 165
Orthodontist: Course 103 and 153 or 165, 303
Periodontist: Course 103 and 153 or 165, 173
Prosthodontist: 103 and 153 or 165, 173, 255, 303
Advanced Treatment Planning is the capstone of the Kois Center curriculum. This course assimilates the broad knowledge base learned in the previous eight courses and enables you to gain a deep, practical understanding of Dr. Kois’ concepts and protocols.
Participation is a key factor in Advanced Treatment Planning. With the help of your assigned Clinical Instructor, you will present your own fully documented case. Dr. Kois leads the discussion of your clinical documentation in a supportive, step-by-step analysis which enhances effective communication and builds comprehensive treatment planning skills.
Advanced Treatment Planning is the philosophical and didactic culmination of all that is taught at the Kois Center. This course will give you the opportunity to fully grasp the paradigm shift unique to Dr. Kois’ teaching.
Please note that the case presented during this course can not be used for the Mentor Exam.
- Greatly increase confidence in your approach to simple and complex cases.
- Expand your ability to comprehensively evaluate patients through simplified, systematic documentation.
- Deepen your understanding of risk evaluation to achieve high levels of predictability.
- Enhance your ability to move from the treatment planning process to executing treatment in the most efficient successful way possible.
- Learn how to be the “quarterback” of the treatment process and work successfully with one to many specialists.
- Learn how to sequence complex cases over extended treatment times, helping patients achieve their long term goals.