Amanda Seay, DDS – Chair
Ali Afshar, DDS
Adam Decota, DDS
Sandra Hulac, DDS
Brian Nakagawa, DDS
Shameek Popat, DDS
Georgia Haddad, DDS
Providing platforms and avenues that allow Kois dentists with similar interests and goals to find each other, interact, and share knowledge, experiences and skills.
Scott Strommer, DDS – Chair
Guillermo Galvan, DMD, MSD
Jeffrey Kagihara, DDS
Andy Lewis, DDS, FAGD
Ken Levos, DDS
John Scalas, DDS
The Alumni Committee ensures the success of Kois Center participants by providing them with support at every level of interaction and learning. Primarily comprised of Kois Center Mentors and Clinical Instructors, all members of the Alumni Committee are committed to helping participants as they incorporate and apply Kois Center principles in their practices to benefit their patients, their practice as a whole and the quality of their personal and professional lives.
- Create and implement Mentor training.
- Create and provide Clinical Instructor resources for the successful mentoring of courses.
- Create and implement feedback systems to measure our effectiveness.
- Create and implement strategies to enhance the participants experience at the Center and beyond.
- Encourage networking to foster the unique and ubiquitous culture of the Kois Center.
Nick Kemp, BDS, DDS – Chair
Michael Bell, DDS
Scott Rice, DDS
Larry Duffield, DDS
Wade Kifer, DDS
Amanada Tavoularis, DDS
The mission of the Curriculum Committee is to develop and provide materials that facilitate integration of Kois Center principles into the practices of participants.
- To develop a curriculum that empowers and engages the dental teams of the Kois Center membership in the highest standard of dental care for their patients.
- To develop material that explains Kois Center procedures to patients of the Kois Membership.
- To provide supplemental information for the course manuals aimed at clarifying Kois Center protocols and empowering the Kois Membership itself.
- To provide information in a way that minimizes the expense to both the dental office and the Kois Center.
- To provide opportunities for Kois Center trained dentists to participate in the growth and development of the Kois Center.
Dave Cauble, DMD – Chair
Mark Allen, DDS
Jack Courtney, DDS
Dan Demmings, DDS
John Courtney, DDS
Derek Hopkins, DDS
Jeff Horowitz, DMD
Susan Sheets, DDS
Sheila Naik, DDS
Case Selection Verification
Mark Benavides, DDS
Lynn Blaisdell, DDS
Jeff Grabeil, DDS
Our mission is to develop a process which validates the competency of the graduates in both the concepts and procedures of the Kois Center. Furthermore, this process will be performed in an environment which nurtures and instills confidence, providing a growth opportunity for all involved.
- Develop a screening process to ensure all graduates taking the oral examination are adequately prepared to be successful.
- Develop a written exam which tests the graduates’ understanding of the concepts and procedures taught at the Center. This test will cover the depth and breadth of material from the entire curriculum.
- Ensure that the examination process is relevant and challenging as well as a positive growth and learning experience for everyone involved.
- Ensure that the examination process is fair.
- Continue to review the oral examination for clarity and efficiency.
- Develop a sense of camaraderie among Clinical Instructors and soon-to-be Mentors.
- Instruct the Graduates of the added responsibility of becoming a Mentor.
- Ensure the integrity of the Kois Center Mentor program by adequately examining the Graduates.